Tuesday 2 May 2017

Immersion Assembly

Walt: using exciting language


“Line Up!” Shouted Mr Goodwin “Everybody Line Up for immersion assembly!” we lined up for immersion assembly and then we went to the hall. The hall was Playing a song called Bright Idea by Vitamin D it matched the theme called Now That's Thinking It was all about Technology. Before the teams did their items Mr Burt told us a story of Manaiakalani.

Our term topic is all about Technology. Team 1, 2 and 3 are learning about Matariki and Kites  and Team 5 are learning about how they can solve problems and fix things. I found Team 5 was My favourite because it was Hilarious. What do you think team 4 is learning about ?

Team 4 Is researching about what kind of technology the Maori People used before the Pakeha Came to New Zealand. Our movie was hilarious as well as interesting. The creative teachers of Team 4 were showing us what different Items of technology they used in their days and were trying to come up with an topic for Term 2. They started to read books and found out most of the things we use today were made in the late 1800’s and the early 1900’s. Miss Buchanan wondered aloud what it was like 200 years ago. They came up with the idea to learn about What kind of technology did the Maori People use before the pakeha came to New Zealand.

I hope that we get to learn about how the Maori People hunted their food and built their homes and Marae. I also want to learn about how the Maori moved their supplies and things like that. I hope that we can make our own mini waka too. I think that we are going to learn about how the Maori moved around, cured colds and hunted their food.

I am excited for this term because it is based on technology and history and they are 2 of my favourite things. I think we are going to find out a lot about the Maori. I am super excited about Term 2. I can’t wait to start researching.

________________________________________________________________ 


Task Description:Task Description: For this task I made a copy of a writing template and put it in my writting folder. I then i wrote the recount of the immersion assembly. I added some screen shots from the movie. I posted it on my Blog with a Title, a Walt , a Task Description, and Labels.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.